Brain Forest can help superheroes of all ages with Leaky Gut Syndrome symptoms and root causes.
Your gut and brain share a close relationship. The two are there for one another, openly communicating when something isn’t quite right. But just like any deep connection that blends into mutual dependency, they inherit each others’ stress and ailments. Your digestive tract takes on stress and mental drain while your mind is hyper-aware of any digestive burden. Leaky gut syndrome is one such burden that sets a cycle of dangerous symptoms and disease to your body and mind.
Symptoms of Leaky Gut
Leaky Gut Syndrome
Leaky Gut Syndrome (LGS) is an unhealthy gut lining that may have large cracks or holes, allowing partially digested food, toxins, and bugs to penetrate the tissues beneath it. This may trigger inflammation and changes in the normal bacteria that can lead to problems within the digestive tract and beyond. As a result, it causes the body to identify specific foods as threats and create an allergic response.
Leaky Gut Syndrome Signs and Symptoms
- Gastrointestinal: bloating, gas, diarrhea, constipation, pain
- Autoimmune disease/response: arthritis, psoriasis, celiac disease, Crohn’s, Hashimoto’s, asthma, eczema, acne
- Hormone imbalance: PMS, menopausal hormone swings, PCOS, headaches
- Neurological: brain fog, anxiety, ADD/ADHD, depression, memory loss
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Poor immune system
- Cravings for sugar or carbs
Leaky Gut Syndrome Prevention
- Shield yourself from harmful bacteria getting inside you
- Avoid consuming irritating substances
- Try an elimination or FODMAP diet
- Work with your physician or dietitian
- Limit or avoid these known intestinal lining irritants:
- Anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs)
- Cigarette smoking