Brain Forest can help superheroes of all ages with symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD
Post-traumatic stress can be a serious burden: It can take a toll on relationships and parenting, lead to family conflict and interfere with jobs. A national study of patients with traumatic injuries found that those who developed post-traumatic stress were less likely to have returned to work a year after their injuries. If you or a loved one suffers from PTSD, Brain Forest can help.
PTSD at large
Causes of PTSD
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, is a mental health disorder that is triggered by experiencing a terrifying event.
The causes of PTSD are associated with a traumatic event, whether this involves directly experiencing something that you find traumatizing, witnessing a traumatic event happening to others, learning of a traumatic event occurring in the life of someone close (e.g. violent or accidental death of a family member), or experiencing repeated or extreme exposure to details of traumatic events (e.g. first responders at crime scenes).
- Recurrent and distressing memories of trauma
- Recurrent and distressing dreams of trauma
- Psychological or physical distress related to trauma
- Persistent avoidance of traumatic memories
- Negative changes in mood or cognition
- Inability to remember aspects of trauma
- Detachment toward people
- Negative moods or anger
- Hypervigilance or heightened startle response
- Loss of sleep
- Inability to concentrate